Re: LZ: Should I buy an 85 (zshell) or an 83 for asm?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Eric P. Anderson wrote:

> I currently have an 82, but I plan to buy something so that I can do some
> asm in the near future.  I have already been working on some basic asm code.
> The 92 is not an option due to its price (hint to the TI spy!).  I realize
> there is a much more established base with ZShell and the 85 (that's obvious
> once you've subscribed to this list for a while).  My question is whether I
> should buy an 83 or an 85.  I know that there is built in asm support on the
> 83, but does that necessarily make it superior to the 85 in the asm area or
> does it really make no difference in the long run?

either way you go, you will have good asm support in a reatively short period
of time.  What I mean is this:  When I first started using/programming zshell,
the unofficial Ti calculator Home Page (God rest it's soul ;) had only 10-12
programs/routines under the zshell page, now, 7 months later, there have been
over 100 (over 150??) programs/routines released for ZShell.  In other words,
if you can wait for asm, go for the TI-83; but if you want asm now, not to
mention other more advanced calculator features (but who uses them anyways
[what!?!?!?? this thing can do math?!?!?] :), go for the 85.

> *  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *

<pre>
--
Max Mansour  // mail : mmansour@gis.net
            // irc : Justarius