Re: LZ: .db vs .dw vs .block??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: .db vs .dw vs .block??

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Eric Matthew Linenberg wrote:

> >I'm fairly new to ZShell programming, and I saw in the NIBBLES 1.1 asm
> >file at the bottom some variables marked with a .dw and a .block.  What
> >are those?  I know that .db's are just strings that you can use for text
> >or anything (data binary)?
> >
> >Also, does one of those have to do with keeping high scores?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >-Doug Melton
> > http://www.smartlink.net/~dx4
> db.  data byte
> dw. data word
>
> yup high scores can go in the word area, that why most high scores in the games can only go up to 65556...

That reminds me, has anyone tried the .ds command in TASM?
I tried to use it to allocate some free space, but it doesn't work. TASM
treats it as if it's not there.

Visit Elephant Land at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6884!
email: Look up, it's obvious.
Biscuit on irc.

The difference between genius and talent is that talent gets paid every
week. 				-Nancy Carson