Re: LZ: link question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: link question

At 10:08 PM 7/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>        ok, i baught *the real* graph link, (from lack of intelligence i
>guess... Mr booser) any way.. on several of the computers where i have put
>it, on <a few of my friends have them> it will not work, i have tried
>everything, the only thing that works is taking the mouse out and pluging
>the link in. in fact, a guy came in to the place i work today with the same
>problem. i thought that it was just a windows 3.11 problem, untill that guy
>came in and was running 95. even though here at work , all the computers on
>the network are able to use the mouse and the link at the same time. is the
>problem that, on a 2 port card (a small slot and a large slot) in the  same
>comport, it cant be done, or are the irq and other configurations wrong, how
>did you guys fix it up? also would it be possible to get another serial port
>or what? please help.. tanx
>cbporter
>______________________
>Erol's Help Desk
>help@erols.com
>1-888-EROL-NET
>(703)321-4900

It sounds like you have only one com port hooked up.  Look in your system's
configuration files (click on the "settings" icon in the control panel) and
see whether it identifies mulitiple com ports (ie. com1, 2,3 or 4).  Also
look to see if the IRQ settings, both on the card and in the Win 3.1
software, are set up correctly.  In your case you should probably have Com1
(which is usually used by the mouse) and a com2 port.  The IRQ settings
should be different from each other and not already taken up by another
device such as a modem.  If you can complete this, there should be no reason
why it does not work.