Re: LZ: An unzindexed (I think) call...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: An unzindexed (I think) call...

On 11 Jul 96 at 17:22, Micah/Richard Brodsky wrote:

[Lots of stuff about RST 10 snipped]
> Questions:
>
> 1) Why isn't it listed?
Because it's easy enough to simply write RST 10H!

> 2) Will call $10 work for all rom versions?
Yep.

> 3) Why was UM's description offset by a few bytes (5, I think) from
> the address given by call $10? The .org 0?
What do you mean by description offset??

> 4) Is there an  easier and/or more compact way to get the address
> of a variable (and optionally it's VAT entry)?
The most compact way to find a variable, e.g. REAL variable "ABC"
would be this:

 LD	HL,sokstr
 LD	DE,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
 ADD	HL,DE
 RST	20h
 RST	10h

sokstr:
 .db $00,$03,"ABC"

> 5) DASM sometimes gives me the command RST $nn. Why won't TASM
> accept that?
That's strange. My DASM gives me RST nnH. That works with TASM. :)

> 6) Is there anywhere I could download a dump of ROM 3.0a? (I
> already have an 85 with ROM 10)
Nop. That would be illegal copying! But if you promise to keep your
lips sealed I can send you a copy of mine. ;-)

Regards,
Mattias Lindqvist   <eng96gml@lustudat.student.lu.se>