Re: LZ: any one have the registered version of McMiks or Asteroids ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: any one have the registered version of McMiks or Asteroids ?

According to the pathetic little moron that is NTCHRIST:
>I would like the registered versions of these two games and i dont want
>to pay for some measly calc game . Its not that i dont want to pay its
>the work involved . please send the programs if you have them .
>
>                                                      NTCHRIST

Do you honestly think that we do this for fun?  The people who took the time
to author these games ( and remember that these must be programmed in
assembly, and most decent games take up to a month ) for your fun and
enjoyment would appreciate at least some credit, if not a measly one dollar.
If you are so pathetic that you would want to break a law merely because you
are too lazy to put two pieces of paper in an envelope and put a 39 cent
stamp on it and drop it in a box ( colored bright blue so that morons can
easily identify it ), you need to get your head checked.

Also, it discredits us, as we put a lot of work into these games for
everyone, and share the source code so that others can learn.  It is not
some "measly game".  I have been working for nearly 2 months on SpyHunter
and Tempest as an example.  The whole point of ZShell 4.0 and Fargo was to
share information and fun - you put it all to shame.

And if someone was equally pathetic as to give the games, they force the
authors to come up with even more annoying ways to ensure that we get some
sort of recompense for our work.  It has already started in the form of
large graphical credits to combat the original ZGenie.  Do we really want
what has happened to the PC and Mac shareware scene, where you have manual
protection, and requiring dongles or CDs in the drive, or passwords, and
$35-50 registration fees to combat people spreading our hard work???

I paid for the registered version of Asteroids ( MC.Mic full version is not
completed yet to my knowledge ) and like it MUCH better... why not just find
the measly change in your couch and buy it?  That way, I don't have to flame
people.

PS:  If anyone posts the registered version on LZ, LZB, LZ-Adv, or
TICALC.ORG, I will be QUITE unhappy.  Resulting in a nasty email to your
system operator about posting registered software on the Internet.  It
sounds ridiculous to do this about a calculator, but I want to stem off
anything that will make the ZShell programming scene more troublesome.
Programming is hard enough as it is, and even harder when you combine it
with having any sort of social life.

Get a life,
Ryan J. Myers                      ----> rmyers@inetarena.com <----

Portland, Oregon ( US )   ----> http://www.inetarena.com/~rmyers/ <----
"Nolite tes bastardes carborundum." - Margaret Atwood
"C> REALITY.SYS is corrupt, reboot universe? (Y|N)" - Anonymous
The contents of this email are my own opinions ( read: insane rants )
and do not represent the positions of my employers, their subsidiaries,
or the little green men that have been following me around all day.