LZ: Programming and Random # ques.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Programming and Random # ques.

I'm new to programming in assembler and have a few very basic (read:
       stupid)questions to ask:

   First, I need a random number (integer) between 1 and 9 (or 0 and 8,
etc.).  I have
      a random number routine, but don't really know what it does, because I
don't
      know what the commands sla and srl do.  Any help?  I have a different
on which
      uses the command rrc which I also need explained.  (I couldn't find
mention of
      them in the files I found about programing assembler).  If anyone has
any other
      suggestions, I would be very greatful.

  Second, I have a program which turns an .85i file into a set of .db
commands,
      representing the screen with hexidecimal numbers.  I think its 16 hex #
in each
      .db, and one .db for each row of pixels.  What do I do with the .db's
to display
      the image?

Thanx for wasting you time trying to help a struggleing newbie.

[Jeremy Laucks]