Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, SAM STAUFFER wrote:
>
> > -> > Other Subroutines could be
> > -> >
> > -> > High Score
> > -> > Collision (maybe)
> > -> > NASR (maybe) So 2 programs with NASR only need a library
> > -> > Grayshade
> > -> > Etc
> > -> > Min Idzelis
> > -> > http://www.en.com/users/daved/Min/playroom.htm
> > ->
> > -> These things have no place in the zshell kernel.  They should be
> > -> implemented in the program itself.  Otherwise zshell quickly becomes
> > -> a 6e12k pile of bloat.
> >
> > They would be good for a library. For example, when ever you run a
> > program it checks to make sure you have the right libraries, if not it
> > tells you to get them, otherwise it continues. That way if, let's say, a
> > bunch of games used NASR, they could just use a library and wouldn't
> > need to have it in themselves.
> >

> Right.  I'm all for putting these things in libraries if they want them,
> that way I can pick and choose how big I want my copy of ZShell to be.
>
> On the other hand, I have a terrible feeling one day I'll find someone
> has released a 10k library and every program under the sun uses it.
>
> dreamer

Ok then, howabout we make one dynamic library strings? The program
supplies ZShell the library name (as a string) and ZShell looks in the
one master string and executes the function. A program to add/delete
functions could be made for dos/linux. It wouldnt be the fastest thing in
the world, but then again, calling ZShell to compare stuff to jump isnt
the fastest either, i think it would be fine speed for a calculator. Of
course if you need a routine a lot, and its small, then you can put it
right in the program.