Re: LZ: I ASK AGAIN!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: I ASK AGAIN!!

On Thu, 7 Feb 2036, Steve Wrobleski wrote:

> Why dont they just remake  zshell for the 83. It uses a z80 right? So
> why not just change zshell around (rom calls and such) so you could run
> SOME ti-85 programs. (obviosly not ones that use direct screen writes
> etc)

Most of the current functionality of zshell isn't needed on the
83.  It probably would be possible to make an 83 shell that would
run some 85 asm programs but with the different screen sizes I
don't think it would be worthwhile.  It would also be a pretty
difficult shell to write and probably be a lot larger than
zshell.

The rom calls are in different places and they probably don't
work in quite the same ways and probably need somewhat different
parameters.  I'm just guessing at this, but I'd bet lunch on it.

Barry