LZ: my test results

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: my test results

here are my test results to the which is smaller test i said i was going
to run.
Size of TI-BASIC program = 163 bytes
Size of assembler equiv. = 155 bytes

Here is the TI-BASIC version of the program: File Name is: ABCDEFGH
ClLCD
Lbl A
getKy \store\ A
If A==24
Outpt(1,1,"LEFT "
If A==25
Outpt(1,1,"UP   "
If A==26
Outpt(1,1,"RIGHT"
If A==34
Outpt(1,1,"DOWN "
If A==22
Stop
Goto A

(My TI-BASIC ascii conversion is not correct sorry for the inconvience
but \store\ is the key right above ON)
Here is the Assembler version of the same program: File Name is:
abcdefgh
#include "ti-85.h"

st = $80DF

.org 0
.db " ",0       ;make this a NUL string and the program will be 1 byte
smaller

        ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)
mpr:
        call GET_KEY
        cp K_LEFT
        CALL_Z(dle)
        cp K_UP
        CALL_Z(dup)
        cp K_RIGHT
        CALL_Z(dri)
        cp K_DOWN
        CALL_Z(ddo)
        cp K_EXIT
        ret z
        jr mpr
dle:
        ld de,le
        ld (st),de
        JUMP_(dst)
dup:
        ld de,up
        ld (st),de
        JUMP_(dst)
dri:
        ld de,ri
        ld (st),de
        JUMP_(dst)
ddo:
        ld de,do
        ld (st),de
        JUMP_(dst)
dst:
        ld a, 0
        ld (CURSOR_ROW),a
        ld a, 0
        ld (CURSOR_COL),a
        ld de,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
        ld hl,(st)
        add hl,de
        ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)
        ret

do: .db "DOWN ",0
ri: .db "RIGHT",0
le: .db "LEFT ",0
up: .db "UP   ",0

.end

you can even check these results yourself. by the way if an assembler
program is optimized fully(which mine is) the file size will MOST LIKELY
be smaller but i can not say for sure. Also note that the file size for
the TI-BASIC version is the size of the file AFTER tokenzation(is that
spelled correctly).
PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp