Re: LZ: Accessing variables with ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:11 PM 8/27/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Lionel Maiaux wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder why some of nice routines listed in the "ti-rom" file are not
>> documented in the "zsfnlib" file (RST 10,RST 20, ...) ?
>
>zsfnlib? Never heard of that file, but in ti-rom.txt you can find some
>information about RST 10h and RST 20h.
>
>> May I have ROM compatibility problems if I use some of them ?
>
>Nope. Same on all calcs (99% certain). Since they are used very often, it
>would be strange if TI changed so much of the ROM when making a new
>ROM version.

Actually if you figure out the offsets for the functions in TI-ROM.txt for your
version of ROM. Sure, then you can use them. But if you want to distribute
your program to other people,then either they will have to have your version
of ROM
to run it or you will have to write new routines that are universal for all
TI-85s, this is because differnt ROM versions have differnt functions at
differnt address's. anyway hope that helped :)
Later..
Joshua Lynch
josh17@winternet.com