Re: LZ: Accessing variables with ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Jimmy Mardell wrote:

> Lionel Maiaux wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder why some of nice routines listed in the "ti-rom" file are not
> > documented in the "zsfnlib" file (RST 10,RST 20, ...) ?
>
> zsfnlib? Never heard of that file, but in ti-rom.txt you can find some
> information about RST 10h and RST 20h.
also most of those ROM calls are for ti-85 rom versions 3.0a-8.0

> > May I have ROM compatibility problems if I use some of them ?
>
> Nope. Same on all calcs (99% certain). Since they are used very often, it
> would be strange if TI changed so much of the ROM when making a new
> ROM version.
nope. they are virtually the same on ti-85 w/ rom versions 3.0a-8.0 but
on ROM versions 9.0 and 10.0 everything was moved around because of the
CBL capabilities.

> > Is there any safe way to acess ti-basic variables (string to simplify) and to
> > modify their size with Z80 code ?
>
> It's easy to change the contents in a variable (find it with rst 10 & 20), but
> it's NOT safe to modify the size. To do this, you must move around all variables
> after it and update the whole VAT. There are probably a routine in the ROM that
> does this for you, but the routine is probably at different places in different
> ROM versions, and the program that uses this rom call will also change place
> in the memory, so when returning from the rom call... the calc will probably
> crash.
i think i heard something about a functions to do this in ZShell 4.5 but
i am not sure.

PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp