Re: LZ: Accessing variables with ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Lionel Maiaux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder why some of nice routines listed in the "ti-rom" file are not
> documented in the "zsfnlib" file (RST 10,RST 20, ...) ?

zsfnlib? Never heard of that file, but in ti-rom.txt you can find some
information about RST 10h and RST 20h.

> May I have ROM compatibility problems if I use some of them ?

Nope. Same on all calcs (99% certain). Since they are used very often, it
would be strange if TI changed so much of the ROM when making a new
ROM version.

> Is there any safe way to acess ti-basic variables (string to simplify) and to
> modify their size with Z80 code ?

It's easy to change the contents in a variable (find it with rst 10 & 20), but
it's NOT safe to modify the size. To do this, you must move around all variables
after it and update the whole VAT. There are probably a routine in the ROM that
does this for you, but the routine is probably at different places in different
ROM versions, and the program that uses this rom call will also change place
in the memory, so when returning from the rom call... the calc will probably
crash.

> Any peace of code would be appreciate,
>
> Thanks,

<pre>