Re: LZ: compiling z-shell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: compiling z-shell

Ed Plese, Jr. wrote:

> > Date:          Mon, 26 Aug 1996 17:46:36 -0400 (EDT)
> > From:          Tony Lieuallen <marvin@saturn.superlink.net>
> > To:            list-zshell@defiant.rbk.sollentuna.se
> > Subject:       Re: LZ: compiling z-shell
>
> > On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Erika Rogers wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to write my first ZShell program. I got my program to
> > > compile, ran string85, and sent it to my 85. I then went into ZShell,
> > > but my program was not there. Is there something I missed?
> >
> > Your program has to have a
> >
> > .org 0
> >
> > at the beginning.  I'm pretty sure that this is the way ZShell determines that
> > it is a program.
>
> I think that .ORG 0 is used by the compiler.  It just tells the
> compiler what the starting address of the program is.  That way if
> you want to do stuff with labels (Start:) the compiler will be able
> to sub in numbers as addresses.  ZShell knows that the string is a
> ZShell program because of a byte in the files header that is added by
> String85.  I think the byte's value is 43h or something like that.
> If you change this, it wont show up on the menu (good for putting
> programs in the custom menu and not having them in ZShell).
>
> As for the original question, I have no idea what is wrong.
>
> Ed Plese, Jr.
> (eplese@lnd.com)Just because I've heard soo much about this, I'm going to post again....

The problem was that she hadn't tabbed the code...that's it, nothing more.  She's already sent mail back
confirming that that's what it was.  it worked after she tabbed it

Sorry, but there have been about 10 posts about this and just about every one has been different, I'm only
posting this so those that had the wrong answer will know for the future..

Later

 _
(_
|_)teve