Re: LZ: IRC CHANNELS??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: IRC CHANNELS??

> Date:          Sun, 25 Aug 1996 21:23:56 -0500
> To:            list-zshell@defiant.rbk.sollentuna.se
> From:          Andy Soell <haxiem@mailhost.net>
> Subject:       Re: LZ: IRC CHANNELS??

> >> LAME. use efnet.
> >
> >Ya, I know, I didn't set it up. I did just put a JAVA CHAT ROOM on my
> >page. Seen as not much happens that is _important_ regarding ZShell,
> >maybe we should set up a once a week (twice a week, whatever)
> >chat party on my site. This might reduce some of the _junk_ mail we
> >all recieve, and get questions answered in real time from a _person_.
> >This would prevent the *4* hours between when a messge is sent and the
> >reply is posted!! If you want to set up a day of the week and time for
> >a chat party, let me know. I think it would be interesting, especially
> >if Chris Kline showed up :) real time Flames, I can imagine it now!
>
> This sounds like a fairly good idea, except that if we were to do this,
> we should probably do in in EFNet's #calc-ti.  Not everyone can do
> java....  And I doubt we'd get much done in a real time meeting.
> Probably scenereo:
>
> 5-6 people show up.  No one says anything.  Someone finaly says something
> and get's flamed out of the room...
>
> If someone sets up a time, I'll be there, but I don't think there will much
> productivity out of it.  At best, we'd just talk and forget about zshell...
>
> But that's just my opinion...

Or.. an even better idea would be if someone had something that they
wanted to have a discussion on, they could make a post to List-ZShell
with a time and date and then if people know stuff about the subject
and are interested in it, then they can go there and talk about it.
If not, then they don't have to go.

Ed Plese, Jr.
(eplese@lnd.com)