Re: LZ: Street Fighter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Street Fighter

>Hmm, good idea, but it wouldn't make a HUGE difference (at least not enough
>to compensate for the speed) since 1) it would take more code to implement,
>2) the character is in lots of different poses that don't have things in
>common with each other, 3) it would make character design a lot harder. (And
>I DO want people to create their own characters!)

I think I disagree.  :)

Now don't laugh, but a lot of NES fighting games looked pretty nice using a
"composite" character technique such as this.  Double Dragon and River City
Ransom come to mind.  And as far as I can tell, Street Fighter does separate
body parts to some extent.  Now Mortal Kombat is a totally different story...

-timmyt