Re: LZ: NASR

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: NASR

Jingyang Xu wrote:

> Rob Taylor wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >       To people who are using NASR, before I go and use more of my
> > > brain cells, has anyone written an algorithm to reverse a NASR sprite. I
> > > mean reflect it over Y-Axis. Like if a character is facing one way, BAM,
> > > he's facing the other way. I need this for Street Fighter. Fabrice, Tim,
> > > Anyone?
> >
> > I'd just precalculate it: it's be to slow to use in a game, so just
> > store sprites for both directions..
>
> Yeah, thought about that, but the sprite table is so HUGE, it'd take at
> least 3K to duplicate them. If that's the case, I could probably only fit
> 3 or 4 characters in 28K!

Isn't there are way to first reverse the sprites, and them put them out?
Just write a routine that will change %01001010,%01011100 to
%00111010,%01010010 every time the character change direction. Can't be
so hard. I can write such a routine if you're lazy :)

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se