RE: LZ: Whats wrong with these morons?!?!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LZ: Whats wrong with these morons?!?!

>Which 'morons' would you be referring to?
I'm not gonna point fingers, I would just like to see a beta label
before a new game blanks my memory or worse.

--UNRELATED TOPIC--

I have been using my ti-85 in turbo mode with a switch and everything,
and I would like to say a couple things/ask a couple questions...
Is anyone designing Zshell games to utilize the new found power of an
accelerated 85?
Is anyone re-designing old games for this purpose?
I say this because I find myself playing xc-1701 and wishing that the
game always ran at the same speed. If I run in turbo, it goes way too
fast when there aren't many ships on screen.  It works great, however,
when there are many ships on the screen.  I don't know how to program in
assembly, but It seems to me that something like that turbo-slow program
could be used to even out these games and utilise the extra speed when
it needs it.

I noticed that the existing instructions by Keith L. Miller for using a
switch on a turbo calculator have a couple flaws, sort-of (no offense
Keith, these are just my thoughts).  First of all,(if youre a moron and
you cant figure this out for yourself) it DOES matter which two prongs
on the switch you use. On a three-pronged switch, you CANNOT use the two
pins on the outside, and skip the one in the middle.

There is another way of using a switch that I have concocted(i love that
word), and it makes the calculator faster than having c9 and the 1pf cap
connected in series, but you must have a three-pronged switch:

After desoldering c9 from the board, resolder the botom of it to the top
pad, and also solder one end of the 1pf cap to the top pad.  Use a wire
to connect c9 to the first prong on the switch and then connect the 1pf
cap to the third prong.  Now run a wire from the bottom pad to the 2nd
(middle) prong on the switch.  This creates one independant connection
for the 1pf cap, and one independant connection for the old c9.

When the 1pf cap is switched on, it will be faster(not a lot faster)
than having the two capacitors in the same circuit.

In the interest of simplicity, however, it would be easier to do this
operation according to Keith L. Miller's original instructions located
at http://www.ticalc.org

Thanks for you time, everyone who read this

-Chris