Re: LZ: Mach-85 (REAL TI Emulator!!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Mach-85 (REAL TI Emulator!!)

> Eh... Just want to spoil your happiness, but that's not a real
> emulator. The other one is a real, and it's legal. (Where have you
> been??) You just must make your own rom dump and that's easy.
> Your so-called "emulator" is just a clone for the pc, and I doubt
> very much that it's 100% compatible... If you want ZShell to work,
> the whole memory management must be indentical, else it won't work.
> If it is, well then it may work, but why WHY should anyone want
> a TI-85 clone for PC??? I mean, the reason you have a calc is
> that it's small and you use it at school.

Maybe you had a brain meltdown when you read over my posting.
Mach-85 is an emulator.  An emulator EMULATES something, and that's exactly
what it does.  The whole purpose is that there's lots of extremely usefull
functions added plus the ability to run programs on the pc, compiling them in
a second rather then the 2-3 minute wait on a calc, and then also adjusting
to speeds that are 2x faster then ZShell for kicks.

> The TI-85 emulator that exist is VERY good, and the only bad
> thing is that you must have a parallel link to transfer from
> the calc (hopefully fixed soon).

If your satisfied with TIEMU.zip or whatever the actual name of it is
by Rob Taylor you must be insane.  Sure it's identical to the TI in
every way, because it IS basically the TI cause it's a ROM dump which
according to Texas Instruments is illegal to destribute.  It's also
VERY limited and SLOW and can't even save to the hard drive.

> > - Spell Checking
>
> On a calculator? Ehhh.

Wuld Yu Rthr Hve Yor Progrms Lok Lik Thois??
(Our Would You Rather Have Your Programs Look Like This?)

> You call that a "TI-85 emulator"?? It's a PC program that can
> run TI-85 basic program and probably have graph support and
> such.

There's nothing the TI can do that Mach-85 can't.

> Low price? When you can get a shareware math program for the PC for
> free? Come on!!You can get Mach-85 shareware to try before you buy.  And this isn't
exactly a little math program.

> Umm. Good luck to get ZShell to work. And definately ZShell programs.
> I want to see a working Grayscale program or Ulterior Motive on it...

It can be done, the only dilema is that Mach-85 doesn't throw everything
in a ROM dump so you can't take the ZShell backup and install it.  If it's
not supported, oh well, then I guess we're limited to the basic programmers.

 _.--------------------------------------------._
|   _-'   '-_       Chris Kline                  |
|  '-_'Nuke'_' President Of Nuke Ware .          |
|   '--_ _-'   http://www.nukeware.com           |
|_      "Setting A New Standard In Gaming"      _|

Follow-Ups: References: