Re: LZ: a new rtlink???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a new rtlink???

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Chris Porter wrote:

> i was discussing this with a few people at an electronics repair shop and
> they said that basically a cordless phone *not a cell phone* does the same
> thing as the rt link but would work if the wires were connected right, and
> the peak values were adjusted to get past line noise. maybe a little project
> for us electronics guru's out there would be to write a simple circuit that
> raises the peak values and attaches to the corless phone.. some of them have
> a range of about 100 feet or so. and they do the modulation stuff on one
> freq. hey it could be done... then the base part.. (the reciver) can be used
> as a relay station.. or repeater. bateries would be a pain in the ass but
> hey then you could get even further... just a thought.
> chris

	Use the base part as a repeater??  Interesting idea, but I think
it should stay with HAM radio, its not very portable or convinient.

    Actually, someone might be able to take apart a cordless phone, and hook
ths speaker and mic wires up to the link port, and then someone else
plug rj11 cord into the base, and strip the end of the wire, and plug the
red and green wires to the link port of another calculator.  It'd be just
like when someone picks up a "regular" phone when your on the coordless
phone on the same line, and you tell them "hangup I'm talking to
someone.".... hmm, not exactly too portable either..oh well.