Re: LZ: zshell questions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: zshell questions...

At 04:04 AM 8/4/96 PST, you wrote:
>Is that necessarily true?  Isn't the link port's speed somewhat
>regulated?
>I was able to write a program on the 82 a few years ago in TI BASIC.  The
>82  BASIC has a send variable feature which I used in the second delay.
>Granted,  it's no atomic clock, but it was only off by about a second
>every nine minutes.  Could something like this not also be implemented
>in ZSHELL?  Do we have another cause for "82 envy"?  Or am I simply a
>fool?

Somewhat regulated may not always be good enough.  I think that the speed in
which the "send" is executed could vary (not the transmission over the link)
depending on the batteries, just as the speed of all other operations will
vary depending on battery life.  Believe me, I have an 82 and I have tried
several methods to do this accurately.  My suggestion is to stick with your
watch.  There is simply no way to do this with any degree of accuracy.  If
you leave a "clock" that is off by one second every nine minutes running for
even a couple of hours, you will quickly be off by a couple of minutes,
which turns into a couple of hours, etc.

*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *