LZ: Re: RT-Link--coils

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Re: RT-Link--coils

     Although it is (I think) impossible to find .27 - .3 coils with a tap
already in them, a guy at a local electronics shop has helped me improvise.
 He ordered me some coils with those values without a tap ( TOKO .29UH COIL
MC120 TYPE W/CASE  part #: TK2708).  These are air coils (they have hollow
centers) with the little allen key adjustable thing in the center.  When they
came in, I had him solder a tap onto the coils (since I don't think I could
have done it with my shitty soldering iron).  All he did was take the coil
out of the case, scrape some insulation off the middle to wraps of wire
(since it would be too hard to solder it to one and we just guessed that the
middle might work), and solder a little piece of copper wire to it.  He also
told me that he didn't think I needed to tap the coil on the left so we
didn't tap those (I'm just going to connect the ends).  He said he had built
transmitters like this before and it looked like somthing that would work.
 Now, my dilemma is what type of capacitors to use for the 10uF ones.  The
symbols used indicate that they are non-polarized ones, but I can't find
ceramic ones with that value anywhere.  Right now, I have electrolytic(the
cylinder shaped ones) ones, but I don't think they are correct because they
are polarized.  (Can someone help with this???)

Thanx,

EJ
<oo0ej0oo@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu>