Re: LZ: variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: variables

David Kristensen wrote:

> Has anyone worked more on creating variables directly on the calc? (I missed
> a bit after May, so I don't know if anyone did it during that time).
> Theoretically, it wouldn't be too hard. Just make the program and make a VAT
> entry to point to it. The hard part would be to find the space for it so you
> don't overwrite another program. You could do something like make a whole
> bunch of 0's included in a program when you make it, then edit it on the
> calc using the program, then cut it off using the above method. You would
> also have to change the length of the string that you are running and
> re-calculate the checksum, but that wouldn't be too hard. The problem with
> this is that it could only be written once.
Finding the end of the user memory isn't that hard just look in the file
TI-85.H at TICALC.ORG(and in the file ZSHELL.ZIP) it tells how to find
the end of user memory. Also why would the author of the program need to
add extra 0's to the program and why would the lenght of the string have
to be changed because if a varible is added to memory not to the
program. Also it most likely would be able be writen more than once. I
will work on this problem after i get back from my trip on sunday and
post it here with the Subject being puting varibles in memory.
PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp