Re: LZ: ZShell and Internet

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ZShell and Internet

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Paul Huff wrote:

> I seem to remember somebody on this list posting that the had
> connected their 85 to the 'NET using their PC as an interface... I
> don't remember whoo thoough, but at the time I thought it was a
> reliable source....
> -Paul
> P.S. Besides, the HP-48's can do it, why can't the TI-85??? :)

I'll be surprised if there's a program to do that on the 48.  I've
never heard of one.  That doesn't mean there isn't one, of course.

It would be easier to do this on a 48 if it were expanded than on
a TI which I don't think is expandable.  But it would be a useless
trick on a 48.  It would be terribly slow and the screen just
isn't big enough.

There are some vt100 emulators that you could use to access the
internet with a shell account, but not with a slip or ppp account.
But I sure wouldnt want to get on the net with a calculator.

If you really want to get on the net with a pocket sized computer,
look into the 200lx palmtop.  There is software for every kind of
account and it's essentially a pc.

Barry