[A83] data sent to the black hole, and Iondetect for apps

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] data sent to the black hole, and Iondetect for apps

I just discovered that when you delete a program on the TI83, the data isn't
erased at all.  Only its entry in the VAT gets destroyed immediatly.  As
more memory is allocated, the old program data gets overwritten.

So I'm testing Bubble Bobble out with external levels, and go then delete
the level.  When I went to resume the game using the old pointer to the
levels, level 1 got junked up bad, but the rest of the levels were still
perfectly intact!  And this is AFTER deleting the map file.

Maybe it would be possible to write a program recoverer, or (actually
useful) maybe a scandisk type program something to correct bad VAT enteries,
like ones that point to ROM and freeze the calc when you delete them.

A question: How do I modify ionDetect on the TI83+ to run from an app?  I
don't think you can use the unmodified ionDetect from an app since it copies
the detected program to the address pointed by ($9820) [tempmem].