[A83] Re: allocating uninitialized memory? + _insertmem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: allocating uninitialized memory? + _insertmem

Alright, your attitude is pretty snooty and so I am going to turn mine
on.

Your email address says a lot because you are in your own little world
since you have no clue about what you are saying.. oh and that you are
on AOL explains your poor attitude. Kill the HTML mail too, while you
are cleaning up your act.

To quote the SDK (since you started your ignorant rant with that, I will
finish it with it)

EnoughMem
Category: Memory
routine will also attempt to free RAM that is taken by temporary
variables that have been marked dirty but not yet deleted.
Inputs:
  HL = amount of RAM to check for being available
Outpus:
  DE = amount of RAM to check for being available
  CA = one (set) if there is insufficient RAM available
Destroyed:
  All
Remarks:
  No error is generated.
  See MemChk.

"there's no way to make sure ram is filled," can be taken as meaning you
realize that it could be full but it needs to be checked, but I think
you mean just no way in general since you replied so smugly to Brandon's
assertion that you /can/ check.

--
Scott Dial
scott@scottdial.com