[A83] Speed difference between flash and ram?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Speed difference between flash and ram?

Hi all you list readers...
  Is there a difference in execution speed between flash and ram?  (other
than the fact that you can use SMC in ram.)  I have a few short pieces of
code (all together about 700 bytes) in my app that are executed several
hundred times per second, and I am wondering if it would be worth it for
me to copy them to ram upon program initialization.  (as I am doing with
Patai's beautiful line drawing routine.)  Using self modifying code, I
probably will not be able to conserve more than 80 cycles, but I suppose
that is something.
        Thanks,
                Matthew Marshall

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!