[A83] Re: CRT (was SDCC port)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: CRT (was SDCC port)

I agree that keeping the library in an app isn't the best way to go.
Well, a separate libraries are hell anyway.... even in Windows.....
However, I'm inclined to think that in the argumentation there should be a
difference between
- having an enormous amount of small libraries that get
updated once every few time units, and of which you never know of which
one you should get a new version.....
  and
- having one runtime library that should be distributed with every
C program in case the user doesn't have it, and will only be updated when
TI hands out a new OS.

The latter would be the situation discussed..

But anyway, using apps for output on the 83+(SE) platform would be quite
an idea. They offer IMHO enough space for a statically linked library.
And C would be a great way to write apps.....

--Peter-Martijn Kuipers