[A83] Re: SDCC Port proof-of-concept

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: SDCC Port proof-of-concept

>you write the linker?

Well, not really a linker.  I run the source through SDCC, grab the .ihx
file produced by the actual linker (aslink) and stick it into a .83p file.
So I suppose it's really more of a file format convertor.

Also, I should probably have mentioned that the file is an ION compatible
program.  I think I'm going to keep it producing ION compatible programs,
just to keep with what seems to be the standard these days.  But in order to
keep program sizes down, I will probably compile parts of the standard C
library into it's own .83p file that the C programs will use, as opossed to
linking the C library into each individual C program.

Stupid like a fox!
Look ma, I'm an artist: http://aaronstj.deviantart.com