[A83] Re: Announcinga new TI-83 Development Suite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Announcinga new TI-83 Development Suite

>Erm sorry, but the GBDK (GameBoy Development Kit) never actually worked
>with SDCC. The last beta releases (years ago) did include the SDCC but it
>was *kinda* buggy.

I never claimed that GBDK worked with SDCC (which it did in several of the
later versions, but that's another arguement), my claim was that GBDK can a
huge library written in ASM for the C programmer to rely on, which is true.

>The 'problem' is that (NB, I asked it friendly) they don't want to make the
>compiler separate between machines (they do with processor type though). So
>you can't specify that you compile for the Z88 or for the Ti83.

This is not a problem.  Use the compiler command-line switches you can have
it org the code at progstart, and the RAM at SaveScreen or whereever.  Then
a post-link utility can massage the outputted file into a .83p (kind of like
Devpac83).

>You'll need
>to copy the right (header) files into the right directory to make things
>work for different machines. Although it isn't impossible, it looks like a
>PITA to me.

This is trivial.  You just need to write a new library, compile it to a
library called z80.lib, and drop it and the new .h files into the right
directory.  It would make things a bit complex if you used sdcc to compile
other z80 stuff, but you could create a new directory for the ti-83 lib, and
create a simple .bat file to rename the directories as needed.

Stupid like a fox!
Look ma, I'm an artist: http://aaronstj.deviantart.com