[A83] Announcing a new TI-83 Development Suite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Announcing a new TI-83 Development Suite

Hello,

    I'm finally ready for the release of a new TI-83 development system I've
been working on called TI8xDS.  TI8xDS contains an assembler, a linker, and
a librarian, based on Carsten Sorenson's ASMotor project (which means it
will be very familiar for Gameboy developers that have used RGBDS).  It's
intended as a replacement for TASM/Devpac83, and contains a ton of features
not in TASM, like a much more advanced macro language, and the ability to
compile files separately and link them together, among other things.  TI8xDS
is also completely Open Source, licensed under the very liberal BSD license.
  No registration is ever required to use TI8xDS (even commercially).

    Check out the web site at http://ti8xds.sourceforge.net/ or check out
the Sourceforge project site at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ti8xds/

    I'd appreciate any feedback on this release, good or bad.  I hope you
find it useful.

    Special thanks to Carsten Sorenson for the ASMotor system, and Otaku for
maintaining the RGBDS package.  Greetz go out to any GBC developers trapped
in TI-8x land.