[A83] Turning calc off

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Turning calc off

I know this seems like a dumb question, but how do you use assembly to turn
off the calculator, wait for the ON key, then turn it back on?  This is what
I do know:

- The tutorial for power off in ASMguru does not work.  It seems obvious
that it couldn't.
- Examples of power off that I've seen use "ld   a,1 / out   ($03),a".  What
does this do?
- "ld   a,2 / out   ($10),a" turns off the LCD and "ld   a,2 / out
($10),a" turns it on.
- HALT stops the processor until an interrupt occurs.  How do I disable
timer interrupts, though, and only interrupt with the ON key?!!?

jeff