[A83] Re: VTI update needs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: VTI update needs

Stupid like a fox!
Look ma, I'm an artist: http://aaronstj.deviantart.com

Although this is not an 83+ specific request, it should be easy to
integrate, and it's something I've wanted since I started using VTI.  I
would really like to have source breakpoints.  For example, in the gameboy
emulator/debugger No$gmb, you could set an option that would cause the
debugger to break every time a "ld b,b" was executed.

Debugging messages would also be nice.  I don't recall the exact syntax that
no$ used, but whenever something like:
   ld d,d
   jr .end_msg
   db "Hello world!"
.end_msg
was executed, the message ("Hello world!" in this case) would then be logged
into a .txt file.  There were also several keywards like "%af%" that would
cause info like the value in AF to be printed out.

Both the source breakpoints and the debug messages would make debugging a
lot simpler.  I don't to what extent you'd want to implement them, or even
if you want to at all, but I for one would be gratefull.

Either way, keep up the good work!