[A83] RAM areas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] RAM areas

Hi,

I want to use a RAM area that is >768 bytes long. It must be contigious. I
found that there are two saferam areas: 8265(768 bytes) and 858E. But
between it there are some bytes(starting at 8565). In ion.inc it is defined
as usermemoff. Are these bytes used by TI-OS for some purpose, or can I use
them?

Otherwise, what is the best way to allocate space? I saw something on ti.com
about the 0000 between the two End's at the end of a program. A value can be
entered there with the amount of bytes to be allocated after the program.
Als i know there is something like _insertmem and _delmem. But what is
compatible if i want to make ION programs? BTW why does it have to be
allocated? Why can't i just use the space between the program and the
symbols defined in the symbol table? Does TI-OS do something with that
space?

Bye,

Cheiz