From: MyOwnLittlWorld@aol.com
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 7:22 PM
Subject: [A83] Re: two things

In a message dated 03/02/07 5:27:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, hpoley@dds.nl writes:

>    2.) i heard of a program once that took your desktop, and made it into
> a 3D enviovment. you could move left, right, foward(up), and back(down).
> this might be fun to add to a shell, but wouldn't it move pretty slow?

Take a look at Ti83 Doom, a program currenty under development by a french
Ti83 programmers group. Looks cool, is fast, but is Doom styled "3D". You
just run through a 2D maze with upstanding walls. So it's not real 3D.

Have you ever seen the game Gemini?  It's official 3D, and somehow, it runs blazingly fast on the 83+ (i'm talking like, if you try to run in the game, it actually feels like you're running...)...  Search for it at ticalc.org somewhere, it should be there...  I have no clue how they did that, but it's amazingly effective for the idea and purpose.
   (I think the only reason that nobody knows of the game is that it takes just about the entire 24k ram (it's a big game), and it's f-ing hard.)

Nick