[A83] Re: SDCC Port proof-of-concept

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: SDCC Port proof-of-concept

> Van: Aaron St.John <aaronstj@hotmail.com>
>
> >Will it accept inline assembly and/or link to assembly objects?
>
> Yes and yes.  SDCC does all the hard work, and it already accepts inline
> ASM and allows you to link in assembly files.  I looked around a bit
> at other z80 C compilers, and from what I could tell, SDCC is completely
> badass. Not only does it allow inline assembly, but the code it generates
> it quite good, even without the peephole optimization that it does.

I appreciate your hard work :-)

> Another advantage of SDCC is it is a fully ANSI compatible copmiler.  No
> small-c for us.

The difference in ANSI compliance as opposed to the z88dk is just the order
in which the arguments are put on the stack. Changing this would require a
huge conversion in the z88dk-libs... Don't know about Floating Point lib,
AFAIK it's ANSI at least. But I'm unsure if the C specs tell you to use a
particular one.

	Henk Poley <><