[A83] Re: shut down the caltc : take care of the screen or not ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

guillaume.h@ifrance.com writes:
> I have a routine that shuts down the calc, but I have seen
> other routines that shut the lcd down before really shutting
> the calc off. Is it really important to do it ?

The calc is never really ``off'' unless you pull the batteries.  Turning it
off merely disables the LCD and puts the CPU into low power mode (using
halt).  The on key generates an (NMI?) interrupt which breaks the CPU out of
halt mode.

I don't know which uses more power, but not turning off the LCD will
negatively impact the battery life given sufficient time.

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/

Follow-Ups: References: