[A83] Re: 83p os

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 83p os

robvanwijk@gmx.net wrote:

>The trick in loading your own OS is this: make sure that in your OS file,
>these bytes already have the right value. Then, when the OS loader is
>verifying it, pop the batteries. That way, the next time you start it, it
>sees
>these bytes have the correct values and will assume it's valid.

Haha! So that is the secret! that is so wonderfully simple!
I can't belive it took so long before anyone thought of that. Maybe it
works on the TI89 too.
Because it really took a long time before anyone figured out how to
change the rom on the Ti83, compared to how long it took before someone
cracked the ti89 protection.
Or at least before anyone told in public that they had done it.

--Olle

Follow-Ups: References: