[A83] Re: who plays chess?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: who plays chess?

I would absolutely love a AI chess engine that could make me think!  (I
always win when playing Chessmaster83.)  I would not expect anything like
fritz or crafty or even gnu chess, but something that could get about
1500 on an ics would be awesome!  or maybe I am just dreaming to big...
Anyhow, I would like support for external chess engines more than
anything else.  (You know, like WinBoard.)  I might even try coding some
AI!

Matthew Marshall

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:38:22 -0500 "Francis Huang" <shenkuan@wam.umd.edu>
writes:
> > a lot of this is in TI-Chess for the TI-89, but I hope it helps!
>
> Glad to hear it!  I will have an option to switch grayscale on or
> off, since
> no grayscale saves battery.  Other features you mentioned were
> already
> planned, but I'll make them more accessible now rather than buried
> someplace.
>
> Actually, I once offered to write the TI-CHESS book implementation,
> but I
> didn't feel like reading through the C code.  Maybe I should write
> tutorial based on
> all the stuff I would need to figure out from writing the program,
> such
> as how to look up VAT, external libraries, database management, and
> of
> course chess AI engine :-).

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com