[A83] Re: On calc.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: On calc.

At 11:02 PM 4/7/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>tnx. Is there any example of useful code? =).
>And where can I read about the syntax?
>On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:50:27 -0400 (EDT)
>nickptar@mindspring.com wrote:

Hand assembly generally requires a doc about the instruction set's binary
conversion.  I have one for the x86 asm class I'm taking, and basically
there is a table with all the instructions and their many operand combo
listed out, and you pick the appropriate segments to form the
instruction.  Then you reference other tables for the bits to fill in
specific fields, like a register or a memory location.  A real pain,
that.  And, of course, it all has to be done before calculating and filling
in your jumps.

Follow-Ups: References: