[A83] Re: Me so curious

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Me so curious

> Hel-lo! To prevent OS hacking, it would have to be
> made unupgradable (bad). To prevent user program FLASH
> access with a hardware fix, it would mean no FLASH
> access at all (bad).

Howdy!

To prevent OS hacking, you only need to be careful with the
way you design the hardware, and use public key encryption
(to sign the OS).
Unupgradable makes it fully secure of course, however, what's
described above makes it virtually impossible to hack the OS.

To prevent users from accessing Flash, you only need some
very simple hardware to only allow code on specific Rom pages
to enable Flash writes.

This is also why I'm so curious how Michael got around it.

Rob van Wijk

http://www.gmx.net

Follow-Ups: References: