[A83] Re: [O/T] Linux [OT debian]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: [O/T] Linux [OT debian]

Jimmy Pardey writes:
> windowmaker sucked too much, moved to debian 3 when it came out on a
> minimal cd image, installed base system, set up ethernet (had to get

If you plan to immediately upgrade after installing, then this will get you
going:

http://markybobdeb.sourceforge.net/elf/

Much easier than floppy disks (who uses those anymore?)

> dhcp off my complete 2.2 disc set) and called taskel, waited a few
> hours for everything to download and install, and I never got KDE
> working (X was working, my screen sucks, 640X480 or whatever on that
> machine) and abiword wasn't stable enough, so after a few months, it
> was back to 98. I still hate windows, and wish I had linux,
> nonetheless.

It sounds like you have an old computer.  You might check out FluxBox, as it
is a lot faster than KDE or GNOME:

http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>