[A83] Re: Does anyone know when the z88dk is coming out?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Patai Gergely <patai.ti@freemail.hu>:

> > This program could really change programming for the 83,
> 83+, and 83+SE (you can use C instead of just plain ASM). =
>
> It should generate a hellishly optimised code, since these
> calculators are very low on resources... I rather stick to
> ASM.

They all talk like this all the time ;-)

Ah well, basicaly, if you want to try the z88dk, do so. And if you don't, well, don't... btw, you might also want to take a look at SDCC, a compiler used in the GameBoy Development Kit. Don't download SDCC from the GBDK site, they haven't updated it for ages, get it directly from http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/ .

If you really want to try out the z88dk, you should download the newest stuff from CVS, possible by using WinCVS, from http://www.cvsgui.com/ . I hope the Windows-binaries (or are you running Linux?) are still up to date. As far as I know Stefano and Dominic (two maintainers) are planning on a release somewhere in the near future. My computer broke down, so I'm not really up to date on my own project as you can see...

Follow-Ups: References: