From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Meilof
Veeningen
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 12:53 PM
To: TI-83 assembly
Subject: [A83] libraries

Hello,

I am relatively new to TI assembly programming, and I wondered whether
there is a good library system for the TI-83 calcs. The way I see it,
the systems Ion and SOS use, are extremely limited because (1) they
limit the total library size to 768, and (2) only up to 16 library calls
can be used in one program.

I have read a discussion in the archives of this mailing list of quite a
while ago (October 1998) in which this issue is also raised, but I just
wondered if the situation has much improved since then.

My goal would be to create a toolkit library for the Ti-83, similar to
for example the GTK+ toolkit (www.gtk.org) for unix, providing
standardized behavior for for example buttons, list boxes, and so on. I
think it will be quite much impossible to put this into 768 bytes of
memory, using only 16 library calls (and even less if applications would
also want to use other libraries).

Greets,

Meilof
 -- meilof@wish.net