From: "Nat Allan" <nallan@hotkey.net.au>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 3:20 AM
Subject: [A83] Help File proof-reading [OT]

> Im not 100% sure if this is is OT, but ill classify it as OT for the time
being.

> Ive been writing a help file, trying to cover aspects that ive found wernt
covered in other help files (specifically ASMGuru), and forwarding my ideas
or theorys as to how, what, when and why about Z80 ASM ect..  I intend to
perhaps cover more aspects than other help files, im still thinking of
adding in a hardware tutorial and possibly add a review of any IMHO good
TI-83- program.

> I have completed a measly 15 tutorials so far and uploaded it to TICalc
(not processed yet, and it will probly be a while).  I wanted to get it out
there (and possibly some feedback) before i got too far into its creation

> After uploading it, i came back to it two days later and found about 10
errors (spelling, etc) in it.  I think i noticed some bigger flaws, like
usless/confusing code or poorly written explanations.  Id lke to help people
with their learning, not confuse the heck out of them.

> So ive decided to ask on this list as to wether there is someone who would
like to help proof-read releases before I upload them..  Im talking spending
10-20 minutes (or however long it takes you to read it) to read over it and
write down a list of simple errors like typos or stupid/confusing code.

> If anyone is interested in proof-reading releases every few month or more,
please contact me at nallan@hotkey.net.au and i will send you the current
release and then go from there.

> Im also open to any suggestions anyone has or criticism.  I understand
some may not like the idea of a learner writing a file to help others, as it
may just confuse them.