[A83] Re: Compilation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Compilation

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 robvanwijk@gmx.net wrote:
>
> > BTW, David is right, Phoenix' source is even more complex (and for
> > the same reason, more confusing) than Vertigo's. The source to
> > Phoenix comes in something like 20 to 30 files, enjoy ;)
>
> There are now 41 source files, actually.  But this seems to me to make it
> less confusing.  Since the code is organized into different files (each
> with a separate function) it is much harder to get lost in it than if
> everything were in a single file that is thousands of lines long.

I see your point. When I looked at the sources I was only interested in
how it could be assembled for multiple calcs, so in Vertigo seeing that
every calc had its own routine, which usually resemble each other, was
easier than in Phoenix. There I had to put 4 files on my desktop (with
is impossible given the loosy resolution of my display) to understand
the trick. When you are programming, or trying to understand the big
picture of the program, Phoenix' solution is indeed better.

Rob van Wijk

http://www.gmx.net