[A83] Re: TI-86 with flash petition

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 06:16 PM 6/19/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Yeah.  Right.  Doing math on a PDA sucks.  It doesn't matter how great the
>software is, or how big the screen is, or anything else like that, because
>the input device is not suited to math.  I think it's even easier to use a
>calculator keypad than a keyboard for math, so in that respect, a calculator
>would beat out a laptop.

Indeed.  To crunch numbers, I reach for the RPN next to the computer (I
hate RPN) before using the calculator on my computer.  THe only way the
bigger screen helps is to have a Pretty Print see if you typed it in right
(parentheses, order of operations, etc.), and with experience you learn to
put polynomials in denominators in parentheses anyway.