[A83] Re: Getkey loop

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Getkey loop

>From: "Henk Poley" <hpoley@dds.nl>
>To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: [A83] Re: Getkey loop
>Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:17:04 +0200
>

> >Van: Olle Hedman <alh@home.se>

> >>Eh, that's the graphics chip...
> >
> >T6A04 is the chip in the plain 83. is there a different one in the 83+ or
>SE?
>
>Sorry, I just _hoped_ that his info was at least based upon some kind of
>information he found. Since the only toshiba-thing inside the calc is the
>graphics chip I thought it must be that...
>
>Whoops...
>
>	Henk Poley <><

When I saw the back of the 83- one day, there was a giant
chip with the 'T84C00AM-8' printed on. Here is the site
of zilog.com where the z80 'Z84C00' is described.

http://www.zilog.com/products/partdetails.asp?id=Z84C00

So I thought that must have been the processor. I seached
on google and I found out that the 'T84C00AM-8' is a
cloned chip from toshiba. When you look at an original
z80, it's quite a big chip, but all the chips in the 83-
are too small to possibly be an original chip of zilog.

      SUCKER [Pieter Van Nuffel]