[A83] Re: Applications...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Applications...

The 64k limit is due to the link protocol / data file format.  This stems
from the 85, which only had 32k of RAM.  16 bit numbers are used for sizes.
This probably explains why the 86 can't send backups to the computer using
TI's software.  FastLink has a proprietary backup format for the 86:

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~tsinger/link/TI-86/fformat.html

> Splitting of huge programs might have something to do with the linker.  I
> think Devpac8x can only do files 64K or less.  I don't have an 86 so I
> don't know much about it.  83 plus programs of 64K or less in size can
> reside in the flash ROM as a source for data when sent with Graph
> Link.  TI-Connect has some issues with this though.  It would be cool to
> make an eBook reader that could read such large files from the archive.
Or