[A83] Re: AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>And BTW - I doubt anybody on this list will know, but I have a question.
>When you disable the interrupts via 'di', does the CPU simply ignore any
>interrupts that are triggered? or does the piece of hardware that triggeres
>the interrupts simply stop it's internal timer?  I guess what I'm trying to
>say is if you di, do you miss any interrupts?
>- - Joe
>joe@joepnet.com

So you doubt anyone would know? Whenever you do a "di" the internal CPU
flipflop for interrupts is reset("ei" = set). So I would guess whenever an
interrupt should occur the z80 checks that flipflop to call the 'im 0-1-2
routine' or not. And you're wrong about the internal timer. Those aren't the
only interrupts. The [ON] key also generates them...

      SUCKER [Pieter Van Nuffel]