From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of Jimmy Pardey
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 10:58 PM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: NimbusOS

How did any language evolve? I presume you lecture at people when they
say
"Aren't you going" (example taken from jargon lexicon,
http://info.astrian.net/jargon/ ). The name for the TI-83 circa 1996 (I
would say '96, but that is slang, *GASP!!!*)
was made before the + nomiculture was devised. If TI was smart, they
would
have called the 83+ (I hope that isn't TOO incorrect for your mental
parser)
the 83.5 or even the 84, but they called it a somewhat bad name, so us
nerds
have to fix that. It may not be the exact term, but neither is any
jargon.
Hackers have theirs, http://info.astrian.net/jargon/ , we have ours.

Jimmy Pardey